Metaverse and blockchain games performed extremely well in 2021, with many excellent projects emerging, such as Axie, BNX, and Crypto Mines. However, since 2022, it has entered a precipitation period, and the transaction volume has continued to decline.
At the same time, it also exposed many problems of GameFi:
- 1.Insufficient game playability, proliferation of NFTs, and insufficient liquidity eventually lead to a spiral decline in token value, which cannot form a healthy ecological cycle.
- 2.The project team took away most game profits, which led to the further shrinking of the game ecosystem. Our team believes that game assets should belong to players, governance rights belong to DAO (Decentralized Autonomous Corporations), and the game revenue should be shared with players.
Lack of gameplay is a common problem in most of the current Game-Fi projects. Based on the unique advantages of Game-Fi, we think it has the potential to carry and develop a complete virtual world, and should not be limited by the single attribute of finance. Therefore, we believe that Game-Fi should return to its originality, throw out of the shackles of Play to Earn, and try to guide players from only caring about the payback period to also caring about the entertainment of the game, so that players can truly enjoy that, contribute to the ecology and get rewards. To that end, the developer team of Origin X made some innovations to the gameplay:
• Give the game a grand worldview and a gripping storyline
• Players participate in character creation themselves (character assembly DIY)
• Build diversified PVE gameplay
• Create originally exciting miner wars
• A home system that combines virtual and reality
We hope that through the close connection between the game worldview and art style, players could immerse themselves in the game, so that they can feel a sense of belonging. We expect that when players experience the plot or create their own character, whether it is a surprise or a regret, they can dive in the game world and enjoy the unique experience brought by it.
The law of entropy growing should also be followed by the virtual world. The economic model should follow its unique laws, and its returns attenuation and life cycle are more needed to be specially designed. The output of loot in the game should be limited and based on complex, diverse, and unpredictable multi-factor output models, making it impossible for players to calculate their payback period easily.
Our team believes that in the inherent economic model of Game-Fi, game assets belong to players, governance rights belong to DAO, and game revenue should be shared by platforms and players. To this end, we also did some exploration of economic models:
• Developed an internal circular economic model that enables self-regulation and evolution at the macro level
• Various game participation means, meeting the dual needs of different players for entertainment and earning
• Diversified reward model with pyramid architecture
• 90% of project profits will be given back to players, encouraging players to co-build game community
Game developers need to tap the psychological needs of players as much as possible. In addition to economic incentives, players should feel the game's charm from its gameplay and storyline. Meanwhile, we believe that a long-term stable and sustainable economic model also relies on the introduction of various external commercial resources. This kind of commercial resource introduction can be either external resource consumption or internal capital precipitation. It will access a series of external commercial resources in the future, including but not limited to advertising cooperation, development of peripheral products, derivatives of character IP, game product resource cooperation, etc., to build players' long-term confidence and positive consensus from the ground up.